Date of Birth
10 November 1994
Place of Birth
Los Angeles, California, USA
Zoey Francis Thompson Deutch
5′ 4″ (1,63 m)
Zoey Deutch comes from a showbiz family of musicians and actors, going back two generations. Growing up in Los Angeles, her parents (actress Lea Thompson and director Howard Deutch) knew acting was in the genes when Zoey would play out scenes with her dolls, and weep for the Barbie that was down on her luck. This kind of dedication showed up a few years later, when she began landing comedic and dramatic roles in both film and television, at the ripe old age of 15.
Zoey was a serious dancer, as a child, excelling in ballet, competitive jazz, and tap. She was a double major in both theatre and visual arts at the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, while simultaneously studying at the Young Actors Space, with Patrick Day.
– [on her role in Beautiful Creatures (2013)] First off, I had to do a lot of research, because I personally am Jewish, I was bat mitzvahed, so I had no idea. She’s evangelical and religiously extreme, so I went to a lot of evangelical churches and talked to a lot of people. I tried to understand that perspective. In no way did I judge it, because I couldn’t judge it, obviously, because if you judge the character and the character’s viewpoints and feelings and community, that’s what religion is – a community – then it’s not going to feel real to your or the audience. And with the people I met, no, it didn’t seem forced or exaggerated.
– She attended Oakwood School, as well as The Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, where she majored in Theatre.
– Has been a dancer for her whole life, having studied ballet, jazz, tap, modern, hip-hop and more.
– Younger sister of Madelyn Deutch.
– Daughter of actress Lea Thompson and director Howard Deutch.
– Grew up in Los Angeles, CA.
– Cousin of Elizabeth Goodrich.
– Niece of Phillip Goodrich and Coleen Goodrich.
– Grew up with many pets around the house, including 6 dogs, a cat, an African Grey parrot, several horses, and a pond full of koi fish.
– Her father is of Russian Jewish and Polish Jewish descent. Her mother has English, Scots-Irish, German, and distant Dutch, ancestry.
Info taken from IMDB